The goal of this course is to help the attendee understand how to select the primary and secondary conductors and primary and secondary overcurrent protective devices for dry-type transformers less than 1000 volts.
What you will need:
- 2020 Version of the National Electrical Code
- Transformer Protection Fundamentals Workbook
What you will learn:
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the minimum parameters needed to properly select primary and secondary conductors and overcurrent protective devices.
- Calculate full load amperes for both primary and secondary of transformers for both single and three-phase transformers.
- Estimate inrush currents for various types of transformers.
- Select the primary overcurrent protective device meeting the requirements of the National Electrical Code and that provides maximum protection and reliability.
- Select the secondary overcurrent protective device meeting the requirements of the National Electrical Code and that provides maximum protection and flexibility.
- Select the primary and secondary conductors that meet the requirements of the National Electrical Code
- The student will have access to the 2020 National Electrical Code either in physical book or online format.
- The student will test their knowledge through taking quizzes at the end of each module.
- The course will use a specific transformer and determine primary and secondary OCPD and conductors
- The course will include text and video to help the student understand the principles of transformer protection
- The course will be available to the student to complete as long as necessary for a maximum time of 1 year